Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Another Day at the Office

My job of 12 years is about to end.

This is not entirely a sad thing, as a newer bigger better happier job awaits me (or at least that is what I think/hope/pray/try to convince myself). Sadly, the best of what I leave behind is not the actual job or the things of the job (although my cubical with an actual window overlooking the hill of construction will be a loss), no not the things, but the people of the job -- now they will be really impossible to replicate.

I've met more than my share of awesome people over 12 years time. It really sucks to leave them. Really. I have spent the better part of a decade looking forward to hanging out with these folks, and in what seems like the blink of an eye, everything will change (has already changed). It is the single most depressing reality of my life right now.

And so, in an effort to take a piece of it all with me, I am creating this blog as a sort of an outlet for communicating with all of my ex-co-workers, hopefully with some of my new co-workers, and of course some strangers that happen to work and somehow relate to it all.

Add your comments. Let me know you stopped by. Tell me how your day went. Don't be shy. I'm not.

7 Comments:

At 10/04/2006 5:11 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Test

 
At 10/05/2006 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better a new job than staying on the sinking ship. :) Those of us who remain will update you on the many and varied stories we hear as our jobs slide into oblivion and morale collapses in upon itself.

Best of luck to you!

 
At 10/10/2006 9:55 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Hey Doc. I already miss your sarchastic wit. The new place is way too quiet. We really need you up there. Bring Jon. Suck it up and commute.

 
At 10/12/2006 7:19 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Hey Purdy. Thanks for chiming in :).

 
At 10/14/2006 9:30 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Oh Widget, your vacation sounds WONDERFUL! I look forward to hearing more about it!!

 
At 10/19/2006 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim how are you today? How is work going? How is Katie feeling? I miss you and I thought to invite you to lunch which would have been hard since you are not here. P.S.
Hey Widget I think Ted should get used to his new large family and try to enjoy. He's going to have to share you

 
At 11/06/2006 5:16 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I MISS YOU GUYS! (boo, hoo, gasp, heavy sigh). Life has not gotten any less crazy. Not sure why I expected it to. Wish we were all together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home